This permit is available from the Engineering Department and is required for any work on City property.
This permit is required for, but not limited to:
*A licensed plumber must perform bubbler, sanitary sewer, and water line work
- Driveway aprons
- Excavations in the pavement and shoulders of the street
- Sanitary Sewer Laterals*
- Water Services*
- Any other unlisted work on City property
Either the homeowner must perform all work or a Contractor licensed to work in the City of Tonawanda.
(1) For a street cut (curb to curb area), per location:
a. The fee shall be $200.00 for an excavation of three by six feet.
b. The fee shall be $10.00 per linear foot of an excavation beyond either the length or width specified above.
(2) For an inside cut (inside the curb to the property line), per location: $30.00
(3) Public utilities fee, per location: $30.00. If utilities provide complete restoration pursuant to specifications on file with the engineering department, they are exempt from the fees mentioned above.
CHECKS SHALL BE MADE OUT TO THE CITY OF TONAWANDA TREASURER.