City Of Tonawanda Civil Service
200 Niagara Street
Tonawanda NY 14150
Meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month at 1:00pm in the Community Room located at City hall and are open to the public.
City Hall is open to the public by appointment only. Please notify Civil Service prior to coming in by calling 716-695-8626
Civil Service VACANCIES:
Civil Service EXAMS
Civil Service Exam Prep & Addtional Info
- Firefighter Agility (CPAT)
- Firefighter Job Specifications
- Firefighter Series Study Guide
- Police Officer Physical Agility Information
- Police Officer Medical Release Form
- Exam Fee Waiver Application For unemployed Head of Households
Any exam given in multiple locations on the same day can be cross-filed per NYS Civil Service: Click for Cross-File Form. Must be submitted with Examination Application.If you cannot take the exam on the date scheduled, you may be able to schedule an alternate test date. Click the following to see if you are eligible for another date: Civil Service Alternate Test Date Policy.
* Notice to candidates who took the December 2, 2017 Police Officer Examination: It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide a college transcript to the Commission office verifying that they have met the minimum requirements before they can be certified for appointment. Contact the office regarding transcripts at 695-8626 or e-mail: email@example.com
Check back for more exam/vacancy announcements
If you would like to be added to our list of emails that receive
employment vacancies and exam announcements, please email CivilService@tonawandacity.com with the subject line
stating "Add Me".
Include your name and residential cityEmail Notification Announcement
Applications are accepted from January 1st thru December 31st of each year for Non-Competitive and Labor Class positions that may come up within the City and special districts during that calendar year.
Application PDF form
MANDATORY Background Check Authorization Form to be filed with all applications
Both completed forms must be submitted for consideration
Summer/Seasonal Application PFD
Summer/Seasonal Application with Background Check Authorization- RETURNING Employees PDF
* Notice to candidates who took the March 19, 2016 Firefighter Examination: It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide a copy of their New York State basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate to the Commission office verifying that they have met the minimum requirements before they can be certified for appointment. Contact the office regarding certificates at 695-8626 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call Civil Service Department at 695-8626 for more information.
Click here for job exam announcements with Erie County
Click here for job exam announcements with Niagara County
Click here for job exam announcements with NYS.
Monthly Meeting Minutes: