Assessor David C. Marrano
200 Niagara Street
Tonawanda, NY 14150
phone: (716) 695-8639
fax: (716) 695-8315
MISSION STATEMENT-CITY OF TONAWANDA ASSESSOR’S OFFICE
OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE THE TAXPAYER’S OF THE CITY OF TONAWANDA A FAIR AND EQUITABLE ASSESSMENT ON THEIR PROPERTIES AND MAINTAIN AN EQUITABLE ROLL FOR TAX PURPOSES.
WE WILL PROVIDE SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC- COURTESY, PROMPT FOLLOW UP, EASY ACCESS AND AVAILABILITY TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE A CRITICAL COMPONENT OF OUR OPERATION.
ALL OF OUR DECISIONS WILL BE FACT BASED, WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION THAT ASSIST’S THE PUBLIC IN UNDERSTANDING OUR DECISIONS.
WE WILL INSURE, THROUGH FREE SEMINARS, THAT THE PUBLIC UNDERSTANDS THE PROCESS OF CHALLENGING THEIR ASSESSMENT.
WE WILL PUBLICIZE EXEMPTION DEADLINES AND WORK WITH THE PUBLIC TO INSURE THEY RECEIVE ALL EXEMPTIONS THEY ARE ENTITLED TO.
COOPERATION WITH ALL STATE, COUNTY, CITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT DEPARTMENTS IS KEY.
EXPANDING OUR PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES THROUGH STATE SPONSORED TRAINING IS CRITICAL IN EXPANDING OUR KNOWLEDGE.
- 2020 Tentative Roll
- 2020 Final Roll
- 2019 Final Roll
- 2021 exemption renewal and new exemptipon filing process
- 2021 letter sent for non renewal for seniors
- 2021 letter sent for non renewal for disability
- Press Release 485 A Proptery Exemption
- Press Release: Home Improvement Exemption
- Press Release: Change in STAR/option to switch to a check
- Change of Address Form
- Online Assessment & Property Information
- STAR Resource Center
- STAR Exemption 1ST TIME APPLICANTS FOR ENHANCED STAR
- Low Income Senior
- Disability & Limited income Exemption
- Veteran's Exemption
- Home Improvement Exemption
- Business Exemption/Mixed use 485-a
- Business Exemption 485-b
- NYS Property and Assessment Web Page
- Erie County Real Property Website
- Current & Past Tax Rates
INTERNET NEWS FROM THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE
- The assessments are now available on-line.
- Click Here for online assessments and property information for City of Tonawanda properties.
2021 BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW AND INFORMAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW
Informal assessment review will begin in March 2021.
Information for the informal review is listed below;
1) Important information to read regarding informal assessment review process
2) Informal Residential Review Worksheet
3) Commercial Vacant/Land Worksheet
4) Commercial Property Questionare
BAR information for 2021 will be updated by 5/7/2021
- BAR Process
- BAR Required Forms
- NYS RP-524
- NYS RP-524 INSTRUCTIONS
- Residential Worksheet
- Commercial Worksheet
- Commerical income and expenses
- Contesting Your Assessment in NYS
- How to Estimate the Market Value of Your Home
- Understanding the Equalization Rate
- Informal condominium application
Renewal and new registration will start November 1st and run thru March 1st each year. If you are turning 65 this year or next year, you may be eligible for an additional exemption. Please contact the Assessor's office after November 1st.
Turning 65 in 2020 or 2021? Read this information on how to apply for enhanced star.
Enhanced Star Hardship
Star EligibilityEnhanced Star IVP Information
NYS Star Brochure
LOW INCOME SENIOR EXEMPTION
New non renewal information for low income seniors PLEASE READ
Letter sent for non renewal
Low Income Senior Instructions
Low Income Senior Renewal Application
Low Income Senior New Application
Senior Citizen Income Limits
Senior Citizen Income Determination
Senior Citizen Pamphlet
PERSONS with DISABILITIES and LIMITED INCOMES EXEMPTION
(Renewals and new applications will be addressed after 12/15/2020)
The City of Tonawanda grants the disability exemption to qualifying persons with documented evidence of disability and proof of income. Evidence includes award letter from the Social Security Administration, award letter from the Railroad Retirement Board, award letter from the United States Postal Service or certificate from the State Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped. Application may be made November 1 through March 1 in the Assessor's Office using your previous year's income. Income limits for the purpose of this exemption are City and School taxes $27,000 and County taxes $32,400.
- Disability Exemption Income Level
- 2021 New letter for non-renewal of exemptions
- 2021 Disability Information
- Disability Pamphlet
- Disability Application
- Disability Renewal
Veteran's exemptions are granted to qualifying veterans by making application to the Assessor's office by taxable status date March 1 in the City of Tonawanda.
The City of Tonawanda Common Council recently adopted the new "Cold War Veterans Exemption". The exemption would apply to all city taxes starting in 2010.
Proof of eligibility is required from form DD-214. Documentation of disability rating, if received is also necessary. The veteran must own and reside on the property to receive the exemption on County and City taxes.
If you have questions regarding the above exemptions or any other exemptions, please call the office at (716) 695-8639 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Tonawanda Veterans Exemption Amounts
- Veteran's Information
- Alternate Vets Application
- Alternate Vets Disability Application
- Cold War Vets Application
- Cold War Vets Disability
Final Assessment Roll
The Final Roll for the City of Tonawanda will be complete and filed on July 1 each year. Any interested persons who wish to examine this roll may do so anytime during regular business hours or download the roll at the link above.
Generally, the summer months are a time when the Assessor's Office is gathering information about your property. This is especially true if you have completed your building or remodeling project and have had it approved by the City Building Inspector. This information will be sent to the Assessor's Office to determine the value of your project and how it affects your assessment.
2013 Final Assessment Roll - added 7/2/2013
You may call the Assessor's Office at 695-8639 for more information regarding your property. You should keep yourself informed about your property whether you are a new homeowner or have owned your home for several years.