Assessor David C. Marrano
200 Niagara Street
Tonawanda, NY 14150
phone: (716) 695-8639
fax: (716) 695-8315
MISSION STATEMENT-CITY OF TONAWANDA ASSESSOR’S OFFICE
OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE THE TAXPAYER’S OF THE CITY OF TONAWANDA A FAIR AND EQUITABLE ASSESSMENT ON THEIR PROPERTIES AND MAINTAIN AN EQUITABLE ROLL FOR TAX PURPOSES.
WE WILL PROVIDE SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC- COURTESY, PROMPT FOLLOW UP, EASY ACCESS AND AVAILABILITY TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE A CRITICAL COMPONENT OF OUR OPERATION.
ALL OF OUR DECISIONS WILL BE FACT BASED, WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION THAT ASSIST’S THE PUBLIC IN UNDERSTANDING OUR DECISIONS.
WE WILL INSURE, THROUGH FREE SEMINARS, THAT THE PUBLIC UNDERSTANDS THE PROCESS OF CHALLENGING THEIR ASSESSMENT.
WE WILL PUBLICIZE EXEMPTION DEADLINES AND WORK WITH THE PUBLIC TO INSURE THEY RECEIVE ALL EXEMPTIONS THEY ARE ENTITLED TO.
COOPERATION WITH ALL STATE, COUNTY, CITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT DEPARTMENTS IS KEY.
EXPANDING OUR PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES THROUGH STATE SPONSORED TRAINING IS CRITICAL IN EXPANDING OUR KNOWLEDGE.
- 2019 Final Roll
- 2018 Final Roll
- Press Release 485 A Proptery Exemption
- Press Release Senior/Low income discount
- Press Release 2020 Exemption Deadline Information
- Press Release Please read if you are turning 65 in 2019 or 2020
- Press Release: Home Improvement Exemption
- Press Release: 2019-2020 Change in STAR/option to switch to a check
- Change of Address Form
- Online Assessment & Property Information
- STAR Exemption
- Low Income Senior
- Disability & Limited income Exemption
- Veteran's Exemption
- Home Improvement Exemption
- Business Exemption/Mixed use 485-a
- Business Exemption 485-b
- NYS Property and Assessment Web Page
- Erie County Real Property Website
- Current & Past Tax Rates
- Exemption Filing Deadline 3/1/2020
INTERNET NEWS FROM THE ASSESSOR'S OFFICE
- The assessments are now available on-line.
- Click Here for online assessments and property information for City of Tonawanda properties.
2020 BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW AND INFORMAL ASSESSMENT REVIEW
(Contact the Assessors' office after May 1st for more information regarding the 2020 Board of Assessment Review)
- Informal assessment review information
- Complaint on Real Property Assessment (parts 1,2,3, and 4)
- General information and Instructions for Complaint on Real Property Assessment (parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Residential Worksheet for Property Owners
- Commercial/Vacant Land Worksheet for property owners
- Commercial Property Questionare
- Contesting Your Assessment in NYS
- How to Estimate the Market Value of Your Home
- Understanding the Equalization Rate
- Informal condominium application
Renewal and new registration will start November 1st and run thru March 1st each year. If you are turning 65 this year or next year, you may be eligible for an additional exemption. Please contact the Assessor's office after November 1st.
New Homeowner Application Process
First time applicants to enhanced star for people turning age 65 in 2019 or 2020
Process to apply for first time application to enhanced star425-E Form
Enhanced Star Hardship
Star EligibilityEnhanced Star IVP Information
NYS Star Brochure
LOW INCOME SENIOR EXEMPTION
Low Income Senior Instructions
Low Income Senior Renewal Application
Low Income Senior New Application
Low Income Senior New Application Instructions
Senior Citizen Income Limits
Senior Citizen Income Determination
Senior Citizen Pamphlet
PERSONS with DISABILITIES and LIMITED INCOMES EXEMPTION
The City of Tonawanda grants the disability exemption to qualifying persons with documented evidence of disability and proof of income. Evidence includes award letter from the Social Security Administration, award letter from the Railroad Retirement Board, award letter from the United States Postal Service or certificate from the State Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped. Application may be made November 1 through March 1 in the Assessor's Office using your previous year's income. Income limits for the purpose of this exemption are City and School taxes $27,000 and County taxes $32,400.
- Disability Exemption Income Level
- 2020 Disability Information
- Disability Pamphlet
- Disability Application
- Disability Renewal
Veteran's exemptions are granted to qualifying veterans by making application to the Assessor's office by taxable status date March 1 in the City of Tonawanda.
The City of Tonawanda Common Council recently adopted the new "Cold War Veterans Exemption". The exemption would apply to all city taxes starting in 2010.
Proof of eligibility is required from form DD-214. Documentation of disability rating, if received is also necessary. The veteran must own and reside on the property to receive the exemption on County and City taxes.
If you have questions regarding the above exemptions or any other exemptions, please call the office at (716) 695-8639 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Tonawanda Veterans Exemption Amounts
- Veteran's Information
- Alternate Vets Application
- Alternate Vets Disability Application
- Cold War Vets Application
- Cold War Vets Disability
Final Assessment Roll
The Final Roll for the City of Tonawanda will be complete and filed on July 1 each year. Any interested persons who wish to examine this roll may do so anytime during regular business hours or download the roll at the link above.
Generally, the summer months are a time when the Assessor's Office is gathering information about your property. This is especially true if you have completed your building or remodeling project and have had it approved by the City Building Inspector. This information will be sent to the Assessor's Office to determine the value of your project and how it affects your assessment.
2013 Final Assessment Roll - added 7/2/2013
You may call the Assessor's Office at 695-8639 for more information regarding your property. You should keep yourself informed about your property whether you are a new homeowner or have owned your home for several years.